Practical Introduction to Splinting Course: Friday 4th October 2019
Following the success of the Introduction to Splinting Practical Course we held in March, we are planning to run the course again on Friday 4th October. The agenda for the course is attached and the aims of the course are listed at the end of this email. At this stage, we are opening the registration to anyone who works in Greater Manchester NHS Neuro-Rehabilitation services. If you and/or a colleague would like to attend, please register your interest by filling out the form below by 30th June 2019
Please click here for a copy of the agenda!
Aims of the course:
- To gain an understanding of why & how we splint neuro. patients
- To be more able to identify those patients who may benefit from splinting
- To have practical experience of fabricating an elbow splint & resting foot drop splint using softcast & scotchcast
- To understand the importance of preparation, monitoring & reviewing splints
- To have the opportunity to review examples of documentation for splinting
- To be aware of the literature & the RCOT / ACPIN splinting guideline
Please note, after the 30th June we will contact those who have registered to confirm whether or not a place can be allocated. Should any places remain available after this time, registration will be opened up to other services, so please do register your interest by the 30th June deadline.